There have been more reported cases of frozen water services due to unusually cold temperatures. The town owns and is responsible for the service from the watermain to the property line/curb-stop. The homeowner owns and is responsible for the service from the property line /curb-stop to the residence including all internal plumbing. It is difficult to determine which side of the property line is frozen. To prevent problems with frozen internal plumbing and to avoid costly issues with your privately-owned water service, the Town suggests residents run their tap at a ¼” diameter stream. If your pipes freeze, immediately contact a licensed plumber with thawing equipment. Residents are also encouraged to;
- Locate the master shut off valve in your home before the water meter to ensure it is accessible and operational in the event your pipes burst.
- Insulate pipes or faucets in unheated areas, like crawl spaces and basements.
- Consider other systems in your home such as a water heater, as they may be affected when your water is off.
- When in doubt about internal plumbing issues, consult with a licensed plumber. If you are unable to obtain a plumber, or if the plumber is unable to thaw your service: call the emergency number at 613-541-3897 and a Town representative will call you back.
- Residence that go away for the winter or for an extended period of time are reminded to turn off the master shut off valve and drain the pipes, including external taps before you leave.
Residents who receive their water bill in April (west ward), May (south ward) and June (north ward) that notice an increase in their consumption (not billing amount) from the same billing period averaging over the past two years are encouraged to contact 613-382-2149 extensions 1611 or 1117.
There is a watermain break at the corner of St. Lawrence St at Main St. Crews are onsite. Please avoid the area.
Victim Services in partnership with Ontario Provincial Police, Brockville Police Service and Gananoque Police Service along with numerous community agencies (Community Care and Access Centre, Geriatric Mental Health, Brockville General Hospital, Community Primary Health Care) with support from New Horizon’s Seniors programs have developed a series of services aimed to provide safety information and resources to older adults. These include free home safety audits and safety planning for older adults in Leeds & Grenville (click here to find out more).
How to get funding for projects that promote a culture of entrepreneurship among young Ontarians.
How it works
The Youth Entrepreneurship Partnerships program gives money to non-profit organizations for projects that:
- educate youth about being an entrepreneur
- encourage unique, innovative and collaborative initiatives that promote a culture of entrepreneurship among young Ontarians
The government will fund projects that help build a vibrant and diverse youth entrepreneurship ecosystem. Projects must be collaborative, which means that they must involve one or more partner (s):
- Entrepreneurship events: short-term activities that acknowledge and support young entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship initiatives: projects that support knowledge-transfer within or across organizations who offer youth entrepreneurship programs and services
- Entrepreneurship events are eligible for up to $15,000 per event
- Entrepreneurship initiatives are eligible for up to $50,000 per project
Larger community projects or projects targeting multiple communities may be eligible for additional funding.
Email your completed statement of interest to email@example.com
Deadline to submit: Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
More information about the grant visit: https://www.ontario.ca/business-and-economy/student-entrepreneurs-and-no...
Next week’s Regular council meeting will be held WEDNESDAY February 18th – at 6pm at Emergency Services Building at 340 Herbert Street. Agenda will be posted Friday afternoon . Visit: http://www.gananoque.ca/town-hall/town-council/council-meetings
Town Hall will be closed on February 16th for Family Day. Regular hours resume on February 17th 8:30am - 4:30pm . Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend.