Pedestrian Bridge closed from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Thursday May 26, 2016
THE INSTALLATION OF THE EEL LADDERS AS PER THE MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS
Sorry for the inconvenience
Please be advised that the 2016 Annual Line Painting Program will be starting May 24, 2016. Online Pavement Marking will be completing line painting operations for the Town of Gananoque.
Please note that the Town of Gananoque assumes no responsibility for paint damage claims from motorists who cross wet paint lines. The work will be commencing Tuesday May 24, 2016 weather permitting. The program could take up to 1 week to complete with minor traffic disruptions in some areas. We would ask that you not park on the street overnight during the week of May 24 thru to May 27.
- Line painting is done primarily during daylight hours with some overnight work.
- It takes approximately 2 minutes for traffic paint to dry.
- Wet traffic paint on the road may splatter on your vehicle if you cross the line before the paint has dried.
If your vehicle is splattered with paint:
- Go to a car wash as soon as possible
- If paint does not wash off, spray the affected area with WD-40 and allow it to dry for 2 hours, then rewash the affected area.
- If the paint remains, consider submitting a claim to your insurer.
For further information please contact:
Director of Public Works
The Town of Gananoque
(613)382-2149 ext. 1615
“THIS IS TO GIVE NOTICE that By-law 2016-047 being a By-law to Establish Rates and Fees for Various Services Provided by the Municipality is scheduled for third and finally reading on June 7th, 2016.”
Please be advised that ONLINE PAVEMENT MARKING will be in the area completing line painting operations for the Town of Gananoque.
Please note that the crews will be working at the following locations:
- Municipal Arena
- Municipal Marina
- Clarence Street Parking Lot
The crews will be completing this work Monday May 9 from 4:00pm to 11:00pm, weather permitting. If the work cannot be completed due to weather a further notice will be given. We ask that you not park in any of the above mentioned parking lots during this period. Any vehicles left unattended will be towed at the owner’s expense. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call 613-382-2149 extension 1616.
Saturday, May 28, 2016 - from 8:00am to 12:00pm
RESIDENTIAL SPRING CLEANUP (Dump Days) Saturday, May 28th, 2015 from 8:00 a.m. to Noon Spring Cleanup will be held again this year for the RESIDENTS of Gananoque. Residents are responsible for transporting their unwanted items to 665 Charles St. North (the former dump site). Disposal bins will be provided at the site. Town staff will be on site to assist with loading the bins and to direct people to the proper bins. NO items are to be placed on any street, curb, boulevard, or alley.
PLEASE NOTE: This is for RESIDENTS ONLY.
No materials will be accepted from businesses or contractors. Fees will be charged at the gate as follows:
- White Goods: Large (fridge, freezers) $40.00 Small (stove, washer) $20.00
- Air conditioners & dehumidifiers $20.00
- Microwave Ovens $10.00
- Hot Water Heaters: Up to 50 Gallon $20.00
- Over 50 Gallon $20.00
- Tires: Up to 16 inches $ 10.00 Over 16 Inches $20.00
- Box spring or mattress $15.00
- Sofa & large dresser $20.00 Love seat, Chair, small dresser $ 10.00
- Items not specified: ½ ton or small trailer $50.00
- 1 ton or large trailer $100.00
Electronics, leaves, brush, clean lumber, and yard (garden) waste…….FREE of CHARGE
The following materials will NOT be accepted: Household garbage, demolition materials, materials from businesses or contractors, tires larger than 24 inch diameter and hazardous waste.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY IN GANANOQUE WILL BE REQUIRED
The theme is Plan. Prepare. Be Aware.
Be Ready - Build a kit .. Make a Plan
For more info : http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/cnt/rsrcs/ep-wk/index-eng.aspx