Town Hall and Public Works yard will be closed for Canada Day. We will re-open July 2nd at 8:30am. Happy Canada Day !
Please be advised that the 2015 Annual Line Painting Program will be starting June 23, 2015. Online Pavement Marking will be completing line painting operations for the Town of Gananoque.
Please note that the Town of Gananoque assumes no responsibility for paint damage claims from motorists who cross wet paint lines. The work will be commencing Tuesday June 23, 2015 weather permitting. The program could take up to 1 week to complete with minor traffic disruptions in some areas. We would ask that you not park on the street overnight during the week of June 23 thru to June 26.
- Line painting is done primarily during daylight hours with some overnight work.
- It takes approximately 2 minutes for traffic paint to dry.
- Wet traffic paint on the road may splatter on your vehicle if you cross the line before the paint has dried.
- If your vehicle is splattered with paint:Go to a car wash as soon as possible
- If paint does not wash off, spray the affected area with WD-40 and allow it to dry for 2 hours, then rewash the affected area.
- If the paint remains, consider submitting a claim to your insurer.
For further information please contact:
Acting Director of Public Works
The Town of Gananoque
(613)382-2149 ext. 1611
Cruickshank has begun to resurface HWY 2 adjacent to the 1000 Islands Parkway ramps, easterly to just beyond HWY 401. All of the existing traffic loops will also be removed and replaced as part of this work. Weather permitting, we anticipate this work will be done on or before June 26th, 2015.
Both driving conditions and highway operations throughout this area will be improved as a result of this work
Public Paving Notice - click here For a List of Streets
Monday June 1st 6:30pm Lou Jeffries, Gananoque TLTI Recreation Centre
Anyone requesting seasonal ice time should have their request in to the Recreation Department no later than 3pm on May 29th.
Water has been restored . Please run your tap for several seconds to clear the line . thank you for your patience .