Reliable metering equipment is critical to ensure our customers continue to receive accurate bills. The typical life span of a meter is up to 20 years, and eventually need to be replaced. Also, advances in metering technology make it easier and more efficient to obtain readings. The Town of Gananoque will be replacing approximately 2,200 water meters in the year 2020, contracting the replacement through Neptune Technology Group Inc.
Neptune Technology Group Inc. is a technology company serving more than 4,000 water utilities across North America. Neptune makes data actionable using effective software and hardware tools that are interconnected by a smart network, with expertise and experience specifically focused on the business of water. The Town of Gananoque has contracted Neptune Technology Group to schedule appointments for and complete water meter replacements.
Not all of the homes and businesses on a street may be impacted. If your home or business is included, you will receive a notice. Within one week of receiving the notice, please have the homeowner book the appointment at www.watermeterappt.com.
The water meter upgrade requires approximately 30-90 minutes, and is free of charge. The water meter must be accessible with a clearance area of at least 16 inches wide by 16 inches high, and the water shut-off must be operational and clear from any obstructions.
- Program will start with the North Ward commencing on February 10, 2020 and will continue to South and West Wards until April 30, 2020.
- There is no cost for the equipment or installation.
- A Neptune certified technician will need access to the inside of your home or business to complete the installation.
- Technicians will always be in uniform, carrying photo identification.
- An adult, 18 years of age or older, must be present during the installation, and must be available for the entire appointment duration.
We thank our customers for their support of our water meter replacement project!