Due to Covid-19 and in response to the Order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, the Gananoque Municipal Marina is closed. The Marina is classified as a non-essential service and as such it will remain closed until the Order is lifted.
Although the Province did ease some restrictions effective Monday, May 4, 2020, it does not impact the Gananoque Municipal Marina. The Marina remains closed and docking of any kind, for any length of time, is not permitted. Any boats that are docked at the marina will be removed at the owner’s expense.
At the Tuesday, May 5th Town Council Meeting, Council approved the opening of the Lion’s Launch, located at the end of St. Lawrence Street, effective Thursday, May 7th, 2020. St. Lawrence Street is a one-way street. Access to the launch is via Kate Street.
Use of the Lion’s Launch is first come, self-serve. Boaters are reminded of the following:
- Maintaining social distancing is mandatory. This includes while at the launch and while boating.
- Boat only with those in your household
- No rafting or tying boats – maintain distance
- Plan ahead: fuel up, pack food and water
- Be prepared and boat safe – always wear a life jacket