Update from Town Council Highlights from July 20, 2021
- Various amendments were made to the Traffic and Parking By-law: Temporary Stop Signs and stop bars are now installed on Main Street.
- Approved a three (3) year agreement with Gananoque Senior Islanders hockey team for dasher board advertising at the Lou Jeffries arena.
- Approved the Gananoque Senior Islanders hockey team exclusive use of the Team Dressing Room, showers and team office.
- Amended Fees and Rates Bylaw Schedule to introduce fees for the swinging of the water street bridge.
- Passed an Ice Allocation Policy for the Lou Jeffries Arena.
- Approved an amendment to the Civil Marriage Solemnization Service to broaden the boundaries to officiate.
- Extended an existing lease Agreement with Thousand Island Daycare.
Next Council Meeting
Tuesday, August 10th 2021
New Gananoque Public Library Hours
10:00AM TO 4:00PM
Monday through Friday
Town Hall Hours
10:00AM TO 2:00PM
Staff remain on-site. Contact Town Hall via Telephone or Email. To obtain a complete list of email addresses and telephone extensions for individuals please visit our website:
Town of Gananoque
Backyard Compost Bin Program remains open until August 31st, 2021. Residents can receive a 50% discount on the purchase of a backyard compost bin. Contact THadmin@gananoque.ca for further details.
Residential Cleanup “Dump Day”
will be hosted by the Town of Gananoque this summer on Saturday August 28, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m (noon). This event is being hosted by the Public Works Department and is for Town of Gananoque residents only.