- Council accepted Paul McMunn’s resignation from the position of Public Works Manager effective September 6th and thanked Mr. McMunn for his many contributions to the Town over the past five years. Mr. McMunn has taken a position with the Town of Smiths Falls.
- Council approved McDonalds Restaurant for a Dual Drive-Thru and a Second Entrance.
- Council received quarterly reports from the Gananoque Public Library, the Police Services, and the Public Works Department Utilities Division
- The Town was gifted the ownership of 8 existing sculptures in Confederation Park from the Canadian Council for the Arts
- The Town, Township of TLTI, and Front of Yonge’s joint application to the Rural Economic Development Fund to create regional wayfinding signage was approved in the amount of $18,600.
Next Council Meeting
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Council and Committee Meetings will continue in a virtual format via WebEx.
Lou Jeffries Arena Ice Rates
Ice Rates for the Lou Jeffries Arena were increased by 3% for the 2021/2022 Season.
- Council approved a $5,000 Community Grant for the 1000 Islands History Museum for the creation of a Walking Tour App.
- Council approved a $2,000 Council Grant to the Rotary Club for the installation of a concrete base pad at Hal McCarney Park.