RESIDENTIAL CLEAN-UP ‘DUMP DAY’
Date: Saturday, August 26, 2023
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Location: Public Works Yard at 665 Charles Street – access only via James A. Brennan Road
What is Residential Clean-up ‘Dump Day’?
This is a one-day event for residents to dispose of larger items not collected at the curb. This is hosted by the Town of Gananoque and is for Town residents only. Proof of residency will be required, so please bring something with your name and address on it. No materials will be accepted from businesses or contractors.
This event is cash-only and payment will be required prior to entry to the site.
Residents are responsible for transporting their unwanted items to the site, between 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, for disposal. All items must be disposed of in the appropriate waste bins. Town Staff will be on site to assist in directing residents to the appropriate bins to unload their items. NO items are to be placed on any street, curb, boulevard, or alley.
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR A FEE $:
Box springs, mattresses, wooden bed frames, sofas, couches, love seats, chairs, dressers, chest of drawers, mirrors, tables, cookware, coffee makers, children’s toys, sinks, toilets, laundry tubs, outdoor furniture, hoses, yard tools, lamps, light fixtures, vacuum cleaners, rug shampooers, clean lumber and other large bulky residential items that are not collected at the curb.
COST: (cash only)
- Miscellaneous smaller items: $10.00
- Car: $15.00
- SUV: $25.00
- Half Ton or 1 Ton Truck: $50.00
- Half Ton or 1 Ton truck with Trailer (up to 8’x 6’ x 3’): $100.00
ITEMS ACCEPTED FREE OF CHARGE:
- Metal appliances such as, fridges & freezers (with the freon removed/tagged), stoves, toaster ovens, washers, dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, microwaves (with glass plate removed), hot water tanks/heaters & other scrap metal items such as bicycles, barbeques, metal bed frames, metal containers
- Electronic Waste (tvs, vcrs, dvd players, computers, receivers, etc.)
- Clean white bulk styrofoam
- Leaves, brush and yard waste
- Items accepted free of charge must be placed in the appropriate bins/location.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED DURING RESIDENTIAL ‘DUMP DAY’:
Household bagged garbage, demolition material, tires, painted or pressure treated lumber, hazardous waste (oil, gas, paint, etc); business and contractor material
For more information please contact: email@example.com or call
613-382-2149 Ext 1613