Residential Cleanup “Dump Day” will be hosted by the Town of Gananoque this summer on Saturday, August 28th, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm (noon). This event is being hosted by the Public Works Department and is for Town of Gananoque residents only. Proof of residency and payment will be required prior to entry to the site (Cash only). Residents are responsible for transporting their unwanted items to 665 Charles St. North. Access to the site is via the east end of James A Brennan Road (the former dump site). Disposal bins will be provided at the site. Town staff will be on site to assist in directing residents to the proper bins to unload their items. NO items are to be placed on any street, curb, boulevard, or alley.
PLEASE NOTE: This is for TOWN OF RESIDENTS ONLY, and no items will be accepted from businesses or contractors. No tires or Household Hazard Waste will be accepted.
Fees will be charged at the gate (Cash only) at the east end of James A Brennan Road as follows:
- Appliances: Large (fridge, chest freezers) $40 each
- Appliances: Small (stove, washer, dryer) $30.00 each
- Air conditioners & dehumidifiers: $10.00 each
- Microwave Ovens: $10.00 each
- Hot Water Heaters: Up to 50 Gallon $20.00 each
- Hot Water Heaters: Over 50 Gallon $30.00 each
- Box spring, mattress, or bed frame (any size): $15.00 each
- Sofa & large dresser (six drawer or larger – includes mirror): $20.00 each
- Love seat, Chair, small dresser (less than 6 drawers – includes mirror): $ 10.00 each
- Items not specified: ½ ton truck or small trailer load of items not listed: $50.00 flat rate
- 1 ton truck or large trailer load of items not listed: $100.00 flat rate
The following items can be dropped off free of charge during this event: Electronic Waste, clean white bulk styrofoam, leaves, brush, and yard waste.
The following materials will NOT be accepted: Household garbage, demolition materials, materials from businesses or contractors, tires (any size), and Household Hazardous Waste.