Property taxes are due on the last business day in March, May, August and October each year.
Please be advised that the 2015 interim tax notices were mailed at the end of February to all Town of Gananoque property owners, excluding those paid by mortgage companies or by pre-authorized payments. Installment due dates are March 31st and May 29th for the interim tax bill, and August 31st and October 30th for the final tax bill.
If you have not yet received your 2015 interim tax notice by March 13th please contact the Property Tax Administrator 613-382-2149, ext. 1114. Failure to receive a tax notice does not alleviate the rate payer from late payment charges should the tax account become past due. The Town requests that residents retain receipts for income tax purposes. Receipt reprints are available for a fee of $10.00. Statements of account are available for a fee of $5.00.
For your convenience the Town of Gananoque offers numerous methods for paying your property taxes including;
- In person with cash, debit or cheque at the Municipal Office at 30 King Street East Via mail - make cheque payable to "The Town of Gananoque"
30 King Street East, PO Box 100, Gananoque, ON K7G 2T6
- At the ATM machine of most financial institutions in Canada (use your tax bill stub)
- At the counter of most financial institutions in Canada (take your tax bill with you)
- Via internet banking - use your 15 digit roll number as the account number being paid
- Telephone banking
- One of the Pre-authorized Payment Plans - monthly, or on the installment date. Pre-authorized Payment Form [PDF]