Water and Sewer bills are mailed out quarterly, by Ward.
- West Ward, all addresses West of Gananoque River are billed in January, April, July & October.
- South Ward, all addresses South of King Street and East of Gananoque River are billed in February, May, August & November.
- North Ward, all addresses North of King Street and East of Gananoque River are billed in March, June, September & December.
- Need a map to see where you live? For a town map click here [PDF].
We offer e-billing!
You can receive your quarterly water bill by email. To participate send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenant or a Landlord?
Town of Gananoque upcoming change to our Water account system pertaining to Tenant applications. To address one of the more frequent complaints we receive from our towns landlords, being ultimately accountable for tenant utility accounts but not having access to them as the Privacy Act restricts being able to disclose this information.
To rectify this issue and allow for complete control of Utility accounts for landlords, effective of April 1, 2016, we will no longer be accepting tenant applications for utility accounts. This will be grandfathered into effect and will not change or affect any existing tenant accounts. As old tenants move out, the accounts will be set up in the owner/landlords name.
With this change, it will not only allow you to have more control and access to your properties accounts, it will also help to cut down on administrative costs that should help to minimize any future increases to the water & sewer rates which ultimately means savings and less expenditure for the Town and its residents alike. If there are any questions, concerns, or any input please feel free to contact us and we will field and respond as best as we can.
Jesse Gilroy Utility Administrator 613-382-2149 ex, 1117 email@example.com
Paying Your Water Bill
You can pay your water bill using any of the following methods:
- Pre-Authorized Payment – by monthly payment on the first business day of the month or quarterly on the bill due date – please see details below
- Online Banking / Telephone Banking – register Gananoque PWB on your list of billers, be sure to put in your complete account number
- At your bank – at the ATM or at the teller
- Mail a cheque - payable to Town of Gananoque
- At Town Hall – we accept cash, debit or cheques - *no credit cards accepted*
Pre-Authorized Payment Plans
Quarterly – pay the full amount due on the bill due date automatically from your bank account.
To set up your utilities account for quarterly pre-authorized payment, print the application and submit to Town Hall – you will receive confirmation that the plan is set up via mail or email.
Monthly – pay an equal monthly payment amount on the first business day of every month automatically from your bank account.
To calculate your monthly amount we use your own account consumption history for the past year, multiplied out by the current rates and divided by twelve so that your monthly payment reflects your average usage. Equal payment accounts are reviewed semi-annually to ensure the account is not getting too far ahead or too far behind. Any balance owing or credit balance is then worked into your monthly payment amount and notification is sent.
To set up your utilities account for monthly pre-authorized payment, print the application and submit to Town Hall – you will receive confirmation that the plan is set up via mail or email.
Please notify our office at 613-382-2149 Ext 1117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before your move date so we can arrange for your meter to be read. Please provide us with a forwarding address so your final bill can be mailed to you.
- Tips for checking for water leaks click here [PDF]
- Tips for saving money on your next water bill here [PDF]
Water and Sewer rates
- 2010 Water Rates
- 2011 Water/Sewer Rates
- 2012 Water and Sewer Rates
- 2013 Water and Sewer Rates
- 2014 Water and Sewer Rates
- 2015 Water Wastewater Rates
- 2016 Water Wastewater Rates
- 2017 Water Wastewater Rates
- 2018 Water Wastewater Rates
For more information and tips on how to conserve water, please visit our Water and Sewer Section.