A Community Improvement Plan (CIP) is a tool that allows a municipality to direct funds and implement policy initiatives toward a specifically defined project area. Section 28 of the Planning Act gives municipalities that have enabling policies in their official plans, the ability to prepare Community Improvement Plans. The Community Improvement Plans are intended to encourage rehabilitation initiatives and/or stimulate development. Once implemented, the plan allows municipalities to provide tax assistance, grants or loans to assist in the rehabilitation of lands and/or buildings within the defined Community Improvement Project Area.
Grants that are available include:
- Downtown Facade Improvement Grant
- Downtown Interior Improvement Residential
- Downtown Interior Improvement Commercial - Grant
- Downtown Accessibility Improvement Grant
- Downtown Business Improvement Loan
Please contact the Town of Gananoque for further information about this program.