A comprehensive listing of available incentive programs and services that can lower your corporate taxes and help your business save on labour costs, R&D, and expansion activities can be found at www.investinontario.com/incentive-programs-and-services.
Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP)
In partnership with Invest Kingston and through the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) eligible businesses will receive a micro-grant of up to $2,400 to help with the costs related to adopting e-commerce and supported by a network of e-commerce advisors.
Eligible catchment area
Located within the County of L&A, Frontenac County (North, South, Central, Islands), Gananoque, Kingston AND have a postal code that begins with one of the following:
K0H, K7R, K7N, K0K, K7M, K7K, K7L, K7P, K7G
Eligible recipients must be small businesses that meet all the following criteria:
· A for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and cooperatives)
· A registered or incorporated business
· A consumer-facing business
· A business that can be accessed by customers or provides in-person services to customers
· A business with a minimum of one employee (cannot be an owner)
· Recipients must commit to maintaining the digital adoption strategy for six months post-intervention
· A business will be required to consent to participate in follow-up surveys, having their information shared with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of their business published as a recipient of funding.
Eastern Ontario Development Fund
The Eastern Ontario Development Fund provides support for projects and investments to businesses, municipalities and not-for-profit organizations for economic development in eastern Ontario.
The types of support available include:
- funding support
- complementary services and support
The fund supports projects that:
- create jobs and build talent
- attract and encourage private sector investment
- lead to business growth and broad positive economic impacts
- encourage innovation, collaboration and cluster development
Rural Innovation Initiative Eastern Ontario
Rural Innovation Initiative Eastern Ontario (RIIEO), made possible with funding from the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), supports the transition and growth of traditional SMEs, manufacturers and communities into the new rural economy, driving direct investments by private companies in innovation capital producing aggregate local and regional effects.
Provides financial support for a wide range of export marketing activities.
Grant: applicants may seek minimum funding of $10,000 per application (requires that the total cost of eligible activities be at least $20,000).The maximum annual CanExport funding per applicant is $99,999 (in the event of multiple subsequent projects being approved (CanExport reimburses up to 50 percent of eligible expenses but requires that applicants match funds on a one-to-one basis.)
Starter Company Plus offer funding, mentorship and training to assist small business.
Jobs and Prosperity Fund
Businesses, business associations and entrepreneurs can get funding for projects to enhance productivity and help them compete in the global marketplace.
KEYS Job Centre
Keys delivers a wide range of employment programs including wage subsidies and training incentives, Canada Ontario Job Grant, Youth Job Connection.
Loan: up to $15,000, their partner Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) can provide additional financing of up to $30,000
Description: Financing and mentoring for start-up business.
Eligibility: 18 – 39 years old who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents currently living in Canada.