Town of Gananoque Prepares for COVID-19
A message from Dr. Brian Hart family physician at Stone's Mills Family Health Centre in Gananoque, Ontario regarding COVID-19 and the importance of self-isolation.
As the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation evolves, protecting the health and safety of our residents, businesses, and staff is our top priority. Our Municipal Emergency Control Group has been meeting to make decisions on factors that impact operations and resident services. It is important to know that the Town of Gananoque has emergency plans and processes in place to monitor and address emerging issues like this one.
Protect Yourself & Those Around You – Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit – COVID-19. To reduce the spread, including Influenza (flu), stomach bug (Norovirus) and the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) it is recommended that you:
- Avoid close contact with people – keep at least 6 feet away
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth unless you have just cleaned your hands
- Stay home from school or work when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and warm water
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- No need to wear a mask if you are well & not caring for someone who has COVID-19
Leeds Grenville and Lanark Health Unit Community-based COVID-19 Assessment Centres*
Anyone who thinks they may have COVID-19 is encouraged to go to the Ministry of Health’s website and complete a self-assessment online.
The Ministry of Health has a listing all of the assessment centres on their website for people to find assessment centres in any area. You do not need your Health Card to get tested but you need to use it for reference if you want to get your results online.
Hours may change for statutory holidays.
Please visit the Leeds Grenville and Lanark District Health Units website for information on where you can get tested.
KFL&A Community COVID-19 Assessment Centre
Please visit the KFL&A website for more information on assesment centre locations.
Mental Health Services