Town of Gananoque Prepares for COVID-19
A message from Dr. Brian Hart family physician at Stone's Mills Family Health Centre in Gananoque, Ontario regarding COVID-19 and the importance of self-isolation.
As the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation evolves, protecting the health and safety of our residents, businesses, and staff is our top priority. Our Municipal Emergency Control Group has been meeting to make decisions on factors that impact operations and resident services. It is important to know that the Town of Gananoque has emergency plans and processes in place to monitor and address emerging issues like this one.
Protect Yourself & Those Around You – Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit – COVID-19. To reduce the spread, including Influenza (flu), stomach bug (Norovirus) and the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) it is recommended that you:
- Avoid close contact with people – keep at least 6 feet away
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth unless you have just cleaned your hands
- Stay home from school or work when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and warm water
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- No need to wear a mask if you are well & not caring for someone who has COVID-19
Community-based COVID-19 Assessment Centre for residents
Anyone who thinks they may have COVID-19 is encouraged to go to the Ministry of Health’s website and complete a self-assessment online.
Referrals can be sent by your primary care provider (family doctor, nurse practitioner, or clinic) or, if you do not have a provider, by the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit. If you have questions, please contact your health care provider or the Health Unit and they will direct you through the next steps.
Assessment Centre: Memorial Centre, 100 Magedoma Boulevard, Brockville
Hours of Operation: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, including weekends.
By Appointment Only. Appointments will be made by referral. Referrals can be sent by your primary care provider (family doctor, nurse practitioner, or clinic) or, if you do not have a provider, by the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit.
The assessment centre will be led by the Upper Canada Family Health Team, the Leeds Grenville Community Family Health Team, Athens District Family Health Team, Prescott Family Health Team, the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, with the support of Brockville General Hospital.