ONTARIO IS IN A PROVINCE-WIDE SHUTDOWN EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. A STAY AT HOME ORDER WILL BE IN EFFECT AS OF JANUARY 14, 2021 AT 12:01AM.
The health and well-being of our residents, businesses, and staff continues to be the Town’s top priority. Because this virus spreads so easily – we all need to do our part so our healthcare system is not overloaded. This means:
- Stay home as much as possible – except for essential purposes
- Practice physical distancing – stay 2 meters (6 feet) away from people in public areas
- Use a cloth face covering/mask if you cannot stay 6 feet away from people when out in public – and in indoor public spaces as required.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer after being in touch with others or handling anything from outside your home
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hands
- Do not share personal items that come into contact with saliva such as toothbrushes, eating utensils, drinks, water bottles, and towels
- If you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms (including fever) – please self-isolate immediately and complete the online self-assessment.
Our Municipal Emergency Control Group (MECG) continues to meet as we continue to monitor the data and trends of Covid-19 as well as the new higher contagious strains being reported. It is important to know that the Town of Gananoque has emergency plans and processes in place to monitor and address emerging issues like this one.
LEEDS GRENVILLE AND LANARK DISTRICT HEALTH UNIT
Take this self-assessment if you were exposed to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) or have symptoms https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/severe-symptoms
You will get a recommendation on what to do next.
Take the Self-Assessment (link above) to see if testing is advised. There are Assessment Centres in Almonte, Brockville, Kemptville and Smiths Falls where testing is available every day. Please refer to the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit for times, dates and location (https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/assessment-testing-r…) COVID-19 Pop-Up Testing - Pop-Up test sites will be posted by the Leeds Grenville and District Health Unit as they are announced.
COVID-19 Mobile Testing Unit
The mobile unit is an extension of services provided by the Brockville COVID-19 Assessment Centre provided to Leeds and Grenville counties. The Brockville Assessment Centre changed to an online booking system that is very safe, easy and quick. If you don’t have access to the internet or are having difficulty, contact: 613-704-1441.
COVID-19 In-home Testing
May be arranged for those with transportation and/or mobility concerns by calling the Health Unit at 1-800-660-5853 extension 2222. Appointments can be booked online via the links below or by phone at 613-704-1441. Appointments can be made up until 12:00pm (noon), the day prior.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment, bring your health card if you have one and wear a mask upon entering the testing clinic.
COVID-19 Contact Training
Case management and contact tracing helps track who had the virus and prevent further transmission. Note: There is a new public health tool in place for protecting the community from COVID-19 infection. Starting October 21, 2020, if people who have COVID-19 or are close contacts do not follow public health guidance for self-isolation, then they can be fined under a Medical Officer of Health Section 22 Order under the Health Protection and Promotion Act.
Check here for continue updates from the Leeds Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit (https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/)
Mental Health Services