Town of Gananoque Communications
- Notice of Disruption - Covid 19 - June 2 2020
- Municipal Communication #9 - May 22 2020
- Municipal Communication #8 - May 15 2020
- Municipal Communication #7 - May 8, 2020
- Municipal Communication #6 - May 1 2020
- Municipal Communication #5 - April 17 2020
- Municipal Communication #4 - April 8 2020
- Municipal Communication #3 - April 3 2020
- Municipal Communication #2 - March 26 2020
- Municipal Communication #1 – March 20 2020
- Municipal Payments – March 20 2020
- Town of Gananoque Parks Closed - Parks CLOSED - March 31 2020
- Ontario Energy Board COVID-19 Update: Time of Use Pricing
As of March 24, 2020, time of use customers are paying the off-peak price of 10.1cents/kWh around the clock, for at least the next 45 days.
How Can We Help you? - GanStayatHome – GanSew - GanVolunteers
- GanStayatHome is set up to help residents who are self-quarantined due to age or compromised immunity or who have recently traveled out of Canada, a Gananoque phone line and email address has been made available to establish a coordinated service.
- Call 613 382-2149 ext.1128 or email email@example.com
- GanSews is looking for volunteers to assist in sewing face masks and protective gowns. There is also a requirement to cut material for the masks and gowns and to deliver the completed products. If you can cut, sew or donate, call 613 382-2149 ext.1128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be put in touch with the local group in charge of this product.
- GanVolunteers can register with the Town by sending their name and telephone number to email@example.com or by calling 613-382-2149, extension 1128. Please clearly leave your name, telephone number and that you wish to be a volunteer, you will be contacted within 24hrs
CPHC Gananoque Community Family Health Team
Call for Volunteers - https://www.sparkontario.ca/
Brush, Yard Waste, and Garbage Collection
- Brush and Leaf/Yard Waste Depot: The Depot is now open to Town residents, as of Wednesday, April 1, for 2020. The site will be open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon). Please have photo ID ready to present to the Bylaw attendant to verify residency. Note: Lumber is no longer accepted in the brush pile.
- Curbside Leaf and Yard Waste Collection: Residents are asked to place leaves and yard waste at the edge of the street (behind the curb or sidewalk) or alley NO LATER THAN 7:00am on the DATES BELOW.
- West Ward (All West of the King Street Bridge) - April 27-May 1.
- South Ward (All South of King St & East of King St Bridge) – May 4-8th.
- North Ward (All North of King Str & East of the King St Bridge) – May 11-15
- Garbage Collection: One (1) bag of curbside waste per household will be accepted without a bag tag for a period of two months from March 30 to June 1, 2020.
Be advised effective Friday May 8th, 2020 at 8:00am, the Total Open-Air Burn Ban has been LIFTED by ALL municipalities within the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville, including the separated municipalities of Brockville, Gananoque and Prescott.
The Ontario Fire Code states that ALL Open-Air Burning must be approved by the Chief Fire Official of your municipality, therefore residents are reminded to follow their municipalities Open Burning Regulations. If you are unsure of your regulations, please reach out to your local fire department. All Open-Air burning will be strictly enforced to your municipalities regulations and failure to comply could result in significant financial penalties.
Although the Open-Air burn ban has been lifted, residents must continue to follow all Federal and Provincial Government COVID-19 Orders which include physical distancing and no gatherings of more than 5 people.
Reminder that failure to comply with Open Burning regulations could result in reinstating the burn ban.
We thank all residents for their patience and understanding while abiding by the Burn Ban and continuing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 through our communities and Fire Service.
Please reach out to your local fire department with any questions.
Gananoque Fire Service - 613-382-3334
Gananoque Fire Service - Outdoor Fireplace Regulations
Parks, Recreation, and Marina
- Town of Gananoque Parks Closed - Parks CLOSED - March 31 2020
- Municipal Parks and Playgrounds are closed as per Premier Ford’s Emergency Order. This includes all sports fields, the dog park, the BMX park and the Skate Board Park. Playground structures have been cordoned off.
- Trails remain open for citizens to use in a responsible manner. Health officials encourage fresh air and exercise during the Pandemic, however the public must use precautions including social-distancing.
- Municipal Marina has been deemed to not be considered an essential service as declared by the Province and is therefore closed until further notice. Boats currently docked must be removed by end of day April 4, 2020. The Harbour Master has provided direction to, at the owner’s expense, remove any boats that remain in the marina as of the evening of April 5, 2020. The marina boat launch and docks are closed with no public access.
- Marina Slips: Due date for marina slip payments is extended to June 1, 2020.
- Municipal Taxes: The due date for the first installment of the 2020 interim bill be deferred to May 29th, 2020. No penalty and interest will be applied on past due taxes for April and May 2020
Water and Sewer
- Please be advised that due to the state of emergency the Town will not be issuing the 2nd Quarter Utility bills in May 2020. Gananoque was in the midst of the Town wide water meter replacement program when the Pandemic hit. Less than half of the meters have been replaced at this point.
The 3rd Quarter billing cycle is scheduled for August 2020. This does not mean that customers will not be billed for water and wastewater services consumed during this time period. The bill that is issued in August will include 6 months of consumption and flat rate fees.
Customers are encouraged to continue to make average utility payments through online / telephone banking or by mailing or dropping cheques off in the drop box at Town Hall.
Now is a great time to join a monthly payment plan. The enrollment form is found on the Town Website by following this link: https://www.gananoque.ca/sites/gananoque.ca/files/Pre-Authorized-Utilit…
If you have a question about utility bills, please contact:
613-382-2149 x1117 or
- Water Meter Replacement Program: The Town has postponed the Neptune Water Meter Replacement program at homes and businesses for the time being. Residents may, however, be contacted by Neptune to reschedule appointments.
- Disposable Wipes: Residents are reminded to NOT flush disposable wipes, or any other product other than toilet paper down the toilet, or any drain. You risk having a blocked sewer which can be costly to repair.