After raising close to $425,000, the Gananoque Recreation Initiative officially opened the Gananoque Skateboard Park August 7th 2010.
Though the project was guided by the GRI, Karl Harries said it was a community project that involved a wide range of people.
"It really shows what our community can do," he said, noting the local youth actually designed the layout of the park.
This park is unsupervised is a drug and alcohol free zone. Use of park or spectating is at your own risk
- Use of CSA approved helmets, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards are strongly recommended.
- This Park is open from 7:30 am until the earlier of sunset or 9:30 pm.
- ONLY SKATEBOARDS and IN-LINE SKATES are permitted.
- Mountain bikes, scooters, or any motorized vehicles are PROHIBITED.
- Spectators are not permitted on the Park and must watch from a safe distance from the concrete edge.
- SMOKING, EATING and DRINKING are not permitted on the Park.
- GLASS CONTAINERS or other glass items are prohibited on or within 5M of the Park.
- No items may be placed on the Park or within 5M from the concrete edge.
By Authority: The Town of Gananoque and Gananoque Police Services.